hello! I'm alpha (they/them).
I'm a developer and artist based in Tokyo, Japan.
I work as a freelancer on varied XR and interactive projects as a programmer and technical artist : you can find an overview of my experience here.
For my personal work, feel free to check out the portfolio on this website! I make VR and games, live AV projects, videos, and visual art.
Feel free to drop me a line : contact[at]alpharats[dot]com
Mailing listSubscribe to stay up to date with projects, shows and releases.
You can read the newsletter archive here.
Socials & Links⤷ instagram
- 2019 - Celestial Reactors - KG Cornerprinting, Tokyo, Japan
Selected group exhibitions :
- 2022 - Imaginary Line - Contact, Tokyo, Japan - curated by Jackson KAKI - showing Celestial Reactors
- 2021 - Channel B - ICA, London, UK - curated by Nine Nights - showing SWARM 3.0
- 2019 - Digital Arts Lab - hub.Berlin, Berlin, Germany - curated by Retune - showing Artificial Remnants
- 2018 - FIRST BLOOD - ALONE, Taichung, Taiwan, as part of the Breakoff Art Book Fair - showing Spektrum Crush zine and RGB.RIP
- 2018 - Firewall with me, DOC, Paris, France - curated by Lazer Quest - showing Firewall with Me
- 2018 - Virtual Biotope - La Cité Fertile, Paris, France - Club Late Music
- 2018 - VIRTUALLY REAL- New York City, USA (VR World NYC) - showing Wump VR
- 2017 - Games not games- Moscow, Russia (Elektromuseum) - curated by IBORG - showing Wump VR
- 2017 - HYBRID BODY : THE WRONG BIENNALE - internet - showing Wump VR
- 2017 - THE NEW NEW - Thesaloniki, Greece - showing Wump VR
- 2017 - COLORAMA CLUBHOUSE 6 - exhibition for the release of the book : Link
- 2017 - Realms II - 100 artists curated by Jon Vaughn for the release of the book : Link
Performances / livestreams
- 2021 - DICE Orbital Entities - online programme - streaming SWARM 2.0
- 2021 - ReWire festival 2021 - online programme - streaming SWARM 2.0
- 2020 - Live at FACT magazine - showing SWARM 1.0 live AV visuals